Monday, March 30, 2009

life to the full

So i have the club talk tonight for club. First monday club in the history, ok so we've only been around for 4 years, of Jerome YL. Using John 10 and talking about life to the full. The question that scares me is do i believe what I'm about to go tell kids? I mean first reaction says yes you idiot...you know that there are things that steal kill and destroy but if i look deeper my actions say..ehhhh probably not. I mean i know that there are things that steal the joy that is Gods grace in my life. I know there are things that destroy what should be unbreakable in the center of my life. The problem i run into is the ease with which i let myself fall into these patterns, the ease with which i believe the lies and believe that comfort and instant results are really the best things for my life.

I also look at others lives and think "hey he's got it down maybe i should duplicate him exactly and then it will work out." Perfect example is this spring break....i went down to Charlotte and hung out with my friends the Gardners, Burris(es??), Lights for a couple days. I got caught up into thinking "hey they're married...hey they're on YL staff....hey they look like they've got it together" and tried to figure out in my own little mind how they were doing that and what i needed to do to get all that they had (idolatry 101). When i step back and look at it its easy to say "you tard don't follow them follow Christ" but why is that so hard to see in the moment? Even as i write this its hard to believe that i actually thought/believed these things...but its true.

I did pick up a new podcast to follow over the weekend though "Matt Chandler and the Village Church". Picked it up on the drive home from Chris Light, Chandler is a pastor down in Texas and is kinda like Driscoll Lite. He has the same passion and same kinda pastoral style (i honestly tried to find a different word there from "preaching style"....just doesn't sit well with me to call it that). I haven't listened to much but he seems like a cross between Driscoll and McManus in my head...i know big comparison...kinda like calling someone "the next Gretzky, Jordan or Ryan Leaf" side note the best part about blogging is that i can link wikipedia and its legit unlike any paper you ever have to write.


Those are my thoughts...more just things i know i need to get better at but still struggle with

Song o' the day: Runnin by 2pac/Notorious BIG (thank you random button from the hip hop playlist)

No comments:

Post a Comment